Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Grilled Steak & Vegetables



Tonight's dinner was created because I couldn't find my shishkabob skewers and I had steak that I got in the discounted section of Smith's grocery store for only $3.03 total that I needed to use up before it went bad. I was going to fire up the grill, but without skewers it was hopeless, so here is what I did instead:

Chop meat, fruits, vegetables and onions into bite size pieces. Pour on a 1/4 c. olive oil, salt, pepper, and either marinade or BBQ sauce(I used a mixture of bbq and raspberry chipotle). Stir and coat evenly. Spread onto a broiler pan or cookie sheet. Broil on high in oven for 10 minutes, then rotate and broil for another 10 or until golden and edges are brown. While the meat and vegetables were cooking I put brown rice, a minced clove of garlic, and a Tbsp. of olive oil in the rice cooker. When the rice was done I topped it with a little mango salsa and avacado...mmm so good! I'm in a hurry, so I'll leave the ratings to you, we loved it, but the key for price is to find your meat on sale or substitute it with chicken (which is healthier anyway).
P.S. I also was out of pineapple, so I used an apple instead with my bell pepper and onion. It turned out so yummy... so if all you have is an apple, try it. It absorbs alot of flavor and gives a nice little sweetness.

1 comment: